With Navratri around the corner, here is another delicious and easy recipe you can try if you are fasting (or try it because it is so good!). This Suran subzi recipe works great with frozen or fresh suran or yam. Simple ingredients and simple process yet delicious results!
Suran (Indian Yam) – 11 oz package (washed and drained)
Peanut Oil – 1 Tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Green Chilies – 2 or to taste, chopped
Rock Salt (Sindhav, Sindhalu, Sendha Namak) – to taste
Red Chili Powder – to taste
1. Heat Peanut Oil in a pan.
2. Add Cumin Seeds and allow them to sizzle.
3. Add Curry Leaves and Green Chilies and give it a stir.
4. Add Suran, Rock Salt, Red Chili Powder and mix well.
5. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes, until Suran is tender.
6. Uncover and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes to crisp the Suran.
7. Serve with yogurt or as a part of a fasting meal.