Paneer Bhurji is a quick and versatile dish that is just so delicious! Make it with homemade paneer or store bought paneer for a meal in a flash. For everyone who missed out on Egg Bhurji because you don’t eat eggs, this paneer bhurji (bhujjia) recipe is a fabulous alternative. Enjoy it with roti or chapati or use it as a filling for kathi rolls or puff pastry. Any way you choose to have it, panir bhurji is loaded with protein and goodness.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Paneer – 14 ounce pkg, grated, crumbled or roughly food processed
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Onion – 1/2 medium, finely chopped
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Ginger – 1 tsp, minced
Garlic – 1 tsp, minced
Tomatoes – 2 medium or 1 large, chopped
Green Chilies – to taste, finely chopped
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp
Chaat Masala – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
1. Heat Oil in a medium pan on medium heat.
2. Add Cumin Seeds and allow them to sizzle.
3. Add Onions, Turmeric Powder, Ginger and Garlic and saute for 1-2 mins until Onions are translucent.
4. Add Tomatoes and Green Chilies and cook for 2-3 minutes until Tomatoes are soft.
5. Add Cumin Powder, Red Chili Powder, Chaat Masala, Garam Masala, Coriander Powder and Salt. Mix and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add crumbled Paneer and mix until Paneer is well coated with the masala.
7. Cover and allow the Paneer to heat through (2-3 minutes).
8. Garnish with Cilantro and serve hot with roti or chapati.