Submitted by: Vaishali
1 tsp Black pepper powder
1 tbsp Butter
1 Carrot chopped roughly
1 tsp Fresh or dried herbs – thyme, basil
3 cloves Garlic chopped
1/2 Onion chopped
1 Red Capsicum (bell pepper) chopped
2 Tomato chopped
2 tbsp Tomato puree
1 Yellow Capsicum (bell pepper) chopped
1 Zuccini (Italian squash) chopped
You may use any combination of veggies.
1. Heat butter in a pan.
2. When it melts saute the onions till translucent. Do not over cook.
3. Add garlic and saute.
4. Add all the chopped vegetables, some salt to taste, tomato puree and cook covered for 5 mins. You may sprinkle a little water if you wish. Cook on medium flame. The vegetables do not have to cook completely.
5. Cool a little and blend into a fine paste in a blender. Now filter it through a soup strainer. (Even if you dont strain the soup it is fine. Make sure it is blended very well. It will be a lot more healthier).
6. Add 1 Cup water and return to a boil. Alter the quantity of water to suit the thickness/consistency of the soup to your liking.
7. Simmer for 5 mins. Add pepper powder and herbs.
8. Add some finely shredded mozarella cheese as garnish and serve hot!
ShowMeTheCurry Notes: Vaishali, this sounds excellent and definitely very healthy. Thanks.