We love the trilogy of savory, a bit of sweet and a hint of spice in our foods and if you do too, this is spot on for you! The pineapple provides a beautiful sweetness and freshness to the usual raitas we end up making. Enjoy layers of flavors and tantalize your taste buds!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Chill Time: 2 hours
Yogurt / Curds / Dahi – 2 cups
Pineapple Can – 8oz
Salt – 1/2 tsp or to taste
Oil- 1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds (Rai) – 1/2 tsp
Dry Red Chili – 1
Curry Leaves – 1 spring
Green Chilies – to taste, finely chopped
Minced Ginger – 1 tsp
1. Beat the Yogurt to a smooth consistency.
2. Open the can of Pineapples and add in a bit of the juice to the Yogurt and mix.
3. Check for the sweetness and add more if needed.
4. Remove the balance of the liquid and keep aside for some other dish.
5. Add Salt and check the balance once again. Keep aside.
6. In a small skillet, heat Oil.
7. Add in the Mustard Seeds and allow them to splutter.
8. Add in the Dry Red Chilli and Curry Leaves, cook for 30 seconds.
9. Add in Green Chillies and Ginger.
10. Add in the Pineapple and allow them to soften a little.
11. Add to the yogurt. Mix and allow it to chill.
12. Serve as a side dish or as a main dish.