Raita or Raitas are an essential part of an Indian meal. A simple Dahi/Yogurt/Curd is spiced up with some spices and sometimes there are fruits and vegetables added in to make it more exciting. In this recipe, we add in some grated Cucumber that provides a great crunch, and also cools the palate from an otherwise spicy meal. Cucumber is also known to cool the body temperature hence making this raita a perfect one to make when the weather is warm. Enjoy this savoury, wonderful, cooling and yet spiced Yogurt Raita.
Pair this with some delicious Pulao or Biryani.
Scroll to the bottom for video
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Chill Time: 15 minutes min.
Yogurt – 2 cups, well beaten
English Cucumber – half ( approx. 6” long)
Tomato – ½ med., finely chopped
Green Chili – to taste, finely chopped
Cumin – ¼ tsp, roasted and coarsely ground
Red Chili Powder – ¼ tsp
Chat Masala – ½ tsp
Salt – to taste
Mint Powder – ¼ tsp, optional
Cilantro – 5 springs, chopped
1. Grate cucumber with or without skin.
2. Squeeze out the water from grated Cucumber.
3. Add all the ingredients into the beaten yogurt and mix well.
4. Chill in the refrigerator for minimum 15 minutes.
1. If English Cucumber is not available, use the regular one but make sure to de-seed and peel it.
2. Serve with a rice dish or with any Indian meal.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
Savoury yogurt with kakdi, kakdi raita, kakdi dahi, cucumber raita, indian yogurt accompaniment
#cucumberraita #kakdiraita #savouryyogurt