Sometimes we come across a vegetable that needs very little frills to make it an attractive and tasty dish. Asparagus is at the top of that list. Here we have prepared the Asparagus with garlic (lots of it) and salt and no other spices and the results are absolutely amazing. The flavor of the Asparagus, the simplicity of the dish and the eye appeal make this a great hit
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Asparagus – 2 lb (approx 1 kg)
Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
Garlic – 5-6 large cloves, roughly crushed
Lemon/Lime Juice – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Black Pepper Powder – to taste
1. Wash the Asparagus and cut to desired size (we cut to one thirds)
2. In a pan, heat Olive Oil and add in the crushed Garlic cloves on medium heat.
3. Allow the Olive Oil and Garlic to get heated up and then add in the Lemon/Lime juice.
4. Right after that add in the Salt and mix.
5. Immediately after that add in the cut Asparagus.
6. Increase the heat to high.
7. Toss continuously for 8-10 min, till the Asparagus is cooked.
8. Add in Black Pepper Powder to taste and mix.
9. Take it off the flame and serve hot!
1. Serve immediately or else the Asparagus will let water go.
2. Do no cover and cook as it may change color and sweat a lot.
3. Use an open pan and try not to crowd the vegetable in the pan.
4. Try not to over-cook the Asparagus, the crunch is great.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
How to prep and cook asparagus, simple asparagus recipes, how to use asparagus as a quick side dish, sides for steak, vegan sides, stir fried asparagus.