Caramel Sauce is a very versatile sauce which can be had as a topping with endless desserts – ice creams, cakes, cookies, fruits and the list goes on and on. This basic recipe is easy and can be stored in the refrigerator for upto 2 weeks. It is also a great way to dress up a boring and a simple dessert…like we said – very versatile.
Prep Time: 0
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 1 cup (approx)
Sugar – 1 cup
Heavy Whipping Cream – 1 cup
Cinnamon Powder – 1/4 teaspoons
Orange Juice – 2 tablespoons
1. In a heavy bottom pan, heat Sugar on medium heat.
2. Do not stir, allow it to melt.
3. Simultaneously, in a heavy bottom sauce pan, bring the Cream to a boil and mix in the Cinnamon Powder.
4. Once the sugar has melted and the sugar is liquid and a golden color, squeeze the Orange Juice in and stir well.
5. Reduce the flame and very slowly add in the Cream and Cinnamon – keep stirring till it is all incorporated.
6. Cook till the sauce reaches the desired consistency.
7. Remove from heat and transfer to a different container.
8. Allow it to cool down and serve as a topping warmed or at room temperature.
1. Once the sugar has melted, keep stirring.
2. Resist the urge to stir the sugar when it is still in granular form.
3. Try it with some Classic Bread Pudding, you will be amazed!