So are you a Coconut fan? Look what we have here for you, the simplest and the yummiest Burfi you can ever make! The best thing about it is that it has a long refrigerator shelf life so you can make a big batch and keep it in the refrigerator for all the cravings you have. As as we all know, there is no dearth of festivals and occasions where Mithais and Burfis are handed out and served, this is a great one to pass around. So, when that sweet craving hits you, you know in which direction to head.
Scroll to the bottom for video
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Cooling Time: 60 minutes
Serves: 12-15 pieces
Coconut – 4 cups (400 g), dry, finely shredded
Sweetened Condensed Milk – 14oz can (400 g)
Cardamom – ½ tsp, powdered
Butter or Ghee – ½ tsp
1. In a non-stick pan, on Medium heat, roast Coconut until you get a nice aroma. Do not brown.
2. Add in Sweetened Condensed Milk and Cardamom.
3. Mix well and continue to cook and stir until the ingredients clump together (approximately 2 to 3 minutes).
4. Turn off the heat
5. Lightly smear bottom of a flat baking sheet with Butter or Ghee.
6. Pour coconut mixture onto the baking sheet and spread it evenly.
7. Refrigerate for about an hour.
8. Remove from refrigerator and cut into squares or diamond shapes.
9. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
1. Refrigerating the Burfi makes it easier to cut.
2. Burfi tastes the best at room temperature.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
#burfi #mithai #CoconutBurfi #CoconutMithai
how to make an easy mithai, festival food, puja prasad, pooja prashad, temple offering, coconut dessert recipe,