Homemade Pizza! Yummy! Here’s your chance to get creative in the kitchen. Watch the video, then make the perfect crust…crispy, chewy…and have a field day coming up with delicious, personalized toppings. Try this simple recipe for homemade pizza dough and yes, it’s eggless so perfect for the folks who are strictly vegetarian or can’t consume eggs for any reason!
Prep Time: approx 2-3 hrs (including rising time)
All Purpose Flour – 1 cup (125 g)
Chapati Flour – 1/4 cup (45 g)
Fine Sooji/Semolina Powder – 1/4 cup (45 g)
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper – 1/8 tsp or to taste
Garlic Powder – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Yeast – 1 tsp
Warm Water – 3/4 cup
Olive Oil – 1/2 tsp
All Purpose Flour – 4-5 tbsp (for kneading)
1. Add Sugar and Yeast to Warm Water and mix until yeast is dissolved. Cover and let the mixture rest until it becomes frothy (5-10 minutes).
2. Add All-purpose flour, Chapati Flour, Fine Sooji, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper and Salt to a mixing bowl and mix through.
3. Add Yeast mixture slowly to the dry ingredients and form a dough (it will be sticky).
4. Once the dough comes together, sprinkle 1-2 Tbsp of All-purpose flour and knead the dough until a soft ball forms.
5. Coat the dough ball with Olive Oil, cover and keep in a warm place for 1 hour to rise (An oven heated to 180 F/ 82 C and turned off is perfect).
6. Lightly Oil fingers and punch down the dough. Form it into a ball again, cover and replace in the oven for 1 more hour to rise.
7. Sprinkle all-purpose flour and start to knead the dough for 4-5 minutes. Keep sprinkling dry flour as and when the dough becomes sticky.
8. Divide the dough into 2 portions (for 2 medium size pizzas) and roll it out with a rolling pin or by hand. Keep sprinkling dry flour to help the rolling process.
9. Preheat oven to highest possible temperature (550 F/ 288 C). If using a pizza stone, heat the stone with the oven.
10. Sprinkle Cornmeal on the stone or pan and place rolled out dough over the cornmeal.
11. Bake for 4-5 minutes (until crust is light golden).
12. Remove from oven and spread with pizza sauce, cheese and your choice of toppings.
13. Bake until cheese is melted and light golden.
Tip: If dough is too soft to work with, coat with oil, wrap it in plastic wrap and keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
Easy and healthy homemade pizza dough, how to make crust for pizza