Colds and Coughs are the most common sickness! Unfortunately, there is no cure for it, it takes 7 days if you take medicines and 1 week if you don’t ;)! Well, since the scientists in the world are trying to find a cure to a common cold, here is some temporary relief for you.
Disclaimer: Please use your discretion and see a doctor if needed.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 20min
Water – 1 cup
Ginger – 1.5″
Black Pepper Powder – 1/8th tsp
Holy Basil (Tulsi) – about 10-15 leaves
Honey – 1/2tsp or to taste
1. In a pan, heat Water.
2. Roughly chop & crush the ginger in a mortar and pestle and add into the pan of Water.
3. Add in the Black Pepper Powder. Mix.
4. Bring to boil, reduce the flame a little and allow to cook and reduce to half the quantity. Approx 15 min.
5. Mix in the Honey and mix.
6. Strain and serve hot.
1. Add in a bit of Tulsi Tea for a change.
2. Substitute Tulsi with Italian or Thai Basil if Tulsi is not available.
0 thoughts on “Kadha Recipe – Herbal Relief for Colds and Coughs”
Thank you so much for this recipe.
It is very helpful.