Now here is a snack or a munchie that can be made under 5 minutes! And we call it a winner and so will you and your family.
Poha is basically flattened rice flakes which are already cooked, so making them is super quick and easy. In our culture munchies and snacks are very popular and there is usually ‘something to munch on’ served with tea or coffee in the mornings, afternoons or evenings! This Poha Chivda is great because traditionally, the Poha is fried and here we don’t do that. You can make a small batch or a large quantity and keep it in the pantry for a rainy day….or when you are in a mood for something delicious ??
Scroll to the bottom for video
Prep Time: 1 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Makes: 3 cups (approx)
Nylon or Thin Poha – 3 cups
Oil – 2 tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Green Chili – to taste (finely chopped)
Roasted Chana Dal (Daliya) – 3 tbsp
Roasted Peanuts – 3 tbsp
Golden Raisins – 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Citric Acid – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
Sugar – 1 tsp
1. Heat the Poha in the microwave safe bowl for 1 minute, stir well.
2. Put it back in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir again.
3. Back again for another 30 seconds.
4. Check and see if the Poha is crisp and crunchy.
5. Grind the Salt and the Citric Acid to a fine powder.
6. Grind the sugar to a fine powder separately.
7. In a non-stick pan, heat the Oil at medium temperature.
8. Once the Oil is hot, add in the Mustard Seeds. Allow them to pop.
9. Add in the Green Chilis and the Curry Leaves and cook till dehydrated.
10. Add in the Roasted Chana Dal and Roasted Peanuts cook for another minute.
11. Add in the Golden Raisins and cook for 30 seconds.
12. Add in the Turmeric Powder and the Salt & Citric Acid Powder. Lower flame and mix well.
13. Add the Poha and mix very well till all the Poha is yellow and no white is visible.
14. Once it is mixed well, turn off the stove and allow it to cool for just 1-2 minutes.
15. Sprinkle the Sugar Powder and mix well.
15. Allow the Chivda to cool down to room temperature before you store it in an airtight container in the pantry.
1. It is best to grind the Sugar yourself.
2. Adjust any or all of the ingredients to your need to suit your requirements.
3. Store it in airtight container or a ziploc for weeks. It does not need to be refrigerated.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
ShowMeTheCurry on Facebook
ShowMeTheCurry on Twitter
ShowMeTheCurry on Instagram
ShowMeTheCurry on Pinterest
#Vegan #Vegetarian #GlutenFree #NotFried #IndianSnacks
How to make healthy Indian Snacks, Non Fried Indian Snacks, Microwave Poha Chivda, Poha Chiwda, Easy Indian Munchies, Long shelf life snacks
7 thoughts on “Quick & Easy Poha Chivda”
Seems to me they don’t really get along. Too much competition between them. I love them but they are back and forth with this. I love many of their recipes but they really seem to not like each other.
Thanks For Sharing this amazing recipe. My family loved it. I will be sharing this recipe with my friends. Hope the will like it.
Delicious recipe, quick easy and healthy :).
Thank you for sharing!
Hi guys, what happened again, no videos nothing, ladies we all love you both and your dishes but one major complaint I and my friends have is that you both stop posting abruptly and after months and years you appear and say so and so things happened so we weren’t posting any videos etc etc and shall restart, feels like y’all are taking us for granted, none of us are asking to give us the actual reason why you guys do that every time but at least y’all can post a video or a message saying y’all taking a break for a while etc etc we deserve to know that to mention the least, I was sad in the beginning and then I go, there we go again they are gone again, and now am a bit mad, please don’t do this guys , we all love y’all too much for y’all to be taking us for granted.hope to hear from y’all soon ( hopefully)
I feel the same
I made this yesterday (just a half batch). It’s amazing!
Do you grow your own curry leaves?