Now that you know how to make Whole Wheat Pita Bread at home, why not take it a step further and make homemade pita chips? They are a fantastic accompaniment to hummus and even a fabulous substitution for papdi in papdi chaat. You can make the pita chips with homemade or store bought pita bread. Try this super easy recipe today!
Ingredients: (all ingredients are to taste)
1. Cut Pita Bread into pie shaped wedges and split open each wedge into two pieces.
2. Arrange pita wedges on a baking sheet or foil.
3. Mix Garlic Powder, Salt and Oregano into Olive Oil and mix well.
4. Brush Oil mixture on each pita wedge.
5. Toast pita wedges in a toaster oven (approx 5 minutes) or regular oven until crispy and lightly brown.
Alternate Topping: Cinnamon Powder and Sugar mixed in Olive Oil