Here is an easy to make and healthy recipe for Fish Cutlets which was sent in by one of our viewers – Sandhya. This delicious cutlet, or patty can be eaten as an appetizer or as a substantial meal – try it in a burger.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes (depending on size of skillet)
Tilapia (or any other fish) – 2 fillets, approx 1/2 lb.
Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
Ginger/Garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
Green Chilies – to taste, finely chopped
Cilantro Leaves – 5 sprigs, finely chopped
Egg Whites – 2
Lemon Juice – 1 Tbsp
Salt – to taste
Red Chili Powder – to taste
Garam Masala – 1 tsp or to taste
Bread Crumbs – approx 3/4 cup
Oil – 2 Tbsp
1. Wash and drain fish fillets well.
2. Heat non-stick skillet on medium heat.
3. Cook fillets without oil for 3-4 minutes on each side (until fully cooked).
4. Remove fillets into a bowl and allow to cool.
5. With a fork, open up the fish (flake it).
6. Add in Onions, Ginger/Garlic Paste, Green Chilies, Cilantro, Salt, Red Chili Powder, Garam Masala & Lemon Juice.
7. Mix well (you can use your hands to mix). Taste and adjust salt or other spices.
8. Add in Egg Whites and mix.
9. Add in Bread Crumbs until you can form a nice patty with the mixture.
10. Form patties with the mixture according to your desired size.
11. Heat a non-stick skillet and pan fry the patties using a little Oil on both sides until golden brown.
12. Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.